Thursday, January 8, 2009

Aprons....

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/



I was first introduced to MaryJane Butters and her farm when mom purchased MaryJane' first book. It was an interesting mix of all things connected to Farm girl life, from cooking, canning and gardening to Outpost living and wedding planning. While I do not agree with all the philosophies that MaryJane embraces, I do love the "farmgirl heart" that she puts into everything.
I enjoy the practical ideas and how-to's. I fell in love with her section on Outpost living ( My dream!) and I quickly preorder my copy of " MaryJane's Outpost" (a whole book devoted to the subject!) when it was released last year. She also put out a book on sewing and fiber Arts which has detailed instructions for tatting, knitting and lots more.
I was very excited about an Apron pattern featured in this book called a "fancy work apron".
Now, it is not really something that I personally would wear, but I just know it would be fun to create some of my own!
SO now that I am preparing items for the store, I thought this would be the best time to get some made! Using her drawings as a guide, I cut out several different colors and made some personal adjustments to make it my own. I will add a picture of the 2 I have finished so far.

The pattern is not exclusively made by MaryJanee, but is actually one that was rather popular in years past...


This is a blue rose fabric, hard to see clear on a camera phone!



For some reason, the blogger uploader would not load the back pitcure correctly, so it is sideways! Sorry!


This pink one has a tiny floral print on it!

2 comments:

Haugh Family said...

I think that the aprons are beautiful! I'm still in the process of learning how to sew more than just a straight line!

Jenny

Finaorlena said...

Sarah--just look at this giveaway! It's for a set of DVD's that seem to be wonderfuly full of good things to learn! :]
http://virtuousgirlhood.com/?p=755#