Friday, January 2, 2009

Re-Resolution

Good evening friends...

SO we are 2 days into 2009, and I have to say that it is not shaping up very well :P
It has been raining and rather gloomy! Then on top of that Olivia woke up with a cold this morning! But, we are trying to keep up our spirits in spite of the gloom and looking forward to a very eventful year!
Finally we have set a date for the official opening of our Saturday store! We will open on January 24Th, the Lord willing! We will then be open one Saturday a month, maybe more depending on the response. It is very exciting because we been dreaming, planning and talking about this for a long time. For now we will be setting up in the newly-enclosed workshop, but eventually we will have a permanent setup in the old cabin (once we get the floor replaced). I still have a lot to get made before then. I am making several different styles of aprons, Pioneer Bonnets, Embroidered pillowcases, handbags, yo yo table runners and doilies, hand-dipped candle and many other items.

We are also preparing for Homesteaders Weekend which will be the last week of March! I am so excited about this event! I will be doing most of the menu-planning and cooking, and I am doing the session on the Homestead Pantry. In Preparation doing a lot of research and learning so much!
It is going to be an incredible event. We are nearing our max number and so far we have folks from 5 different states! What a wonderful chance to meet and share testimonies and experiances!

Re-resolution:

I really love making new resolutions every new year! It's like I have been handed this clean page and I get a chance to pre-write a few things. I will be the first to admit that I do not keep all my resolutions every year. I always start working on my list by early December and try to keep it short and be logical about it. I was looking over some lists from previous years and noticed that I list several things almost every year.
All of them make mention to:
  • Memorize such and such portion of the bible
  • Read through the bible in a year
  • Learn to play the mandolin
  • Eat healthier!
The sad part is that I have not yet mastered any of these 4 things.
The mandolin is still sitting in my room and I know the very same 3 cords I learning the first week I had it. While I do read my bible regularly, I have not yet managed to read through it start to finish in the alloted time of a year. I have memorized some small portions of scripture, I have not completed any one goal I have made. And finally, I have no real excuse for not eating healthier. I am getting smarter about making good choices and which foods are good for me personally, but I am not yet where I need to be.

So, These are settled into their place once again on my New Years List.
Along side them I have noted these:
  • Update and post on my sites at least once a week!
  • Do some major experimenting with Cob building this year!
  • Get more organized!

I pray that 2009 will be a year that brings you and your family closer to Christ and to a deeper understanding of His love!

0 comments: