Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy Birthday and Harvey

Good Morning all!
January 15 was a very good day from my family for 2 reasons that are totally unconnected:
First and most importantly, it was my Dad's 50th Birthday, and what a birthday it was for him! Every one at work remembered and called, emailed or stopped by to wish him a good one. This is a big deal because there have been birthdays where just a few remembered. SO it was a nice surprise for him :) They had a big meeting during the morning and one sweet lady brought a cake for him! Haley ordered some balloons and flowers to be delivered and to Dad's surprise, a boss walked in during the meeting carrying them. Boy, was Dad shocked when he brought them over to him! They all ooo'd and ahhh'd over him and sang happy birthday! I am so glad and thankful that he was able to see just how much every one loves and cares about him. He is the most honorable man have ever known and deserves so much thanks! When celebrated with him last night here at home and Haley made him his favorite cake, German Chocolate. One of the gifts he asked for this year was that each of us memorize a Psalm. So I learned Psalm 1 and we all recited them to him after dinner. I think he was very pleased :0) All in all I think He had a good birthday and I am so glad that I am able to be part of his life!! Happy Birthday Dad!




Second Good Thing: Harvey.
Erin called Mom from the vet clinic and said, " Hey I am bringing you a surprise home!"
She walks in about 30 minutes later and I watch her walking towards Mom bedroom door with something Orange and Fuzzy behind her back! And that was the first time I saw Harvey, Our new kitty! Now, if you have ever been to my home before, then you would know that another cat is the last thing we need ( I think we have 9 total)! But Mom has, for the longest time, dreamed of having an Orange cat. So when Harvey came to the vet, needing a home, Erin knew it was meant for Mom :0) Now, Harvey is meant to be an outside Cat, but since it is freezing out right now and he has to be in a cage for a few days, Mom and Dad decided to keep him in their oversized Bathroom. ( We can't have an inside cat because Haley is SUPER allergic!)
SO Harvey is enjoying the jungle of plants mom has in her bathroom ( the ones that have to be inside in winter all stay in her bathroom!), hiding and sleeping in various large pots. He is just so precious! I can't wait for him to meet all my kitties outside and join the family!

1 comments:

Michelle Therese said...

What a cute kittie! You can never have too many cats hahaha! We have ten but they are barn cats. But in the country cats = less mice and rats! We have two orange pusses: "Ginger Puss" and "Peach Crumble"

Your blog is lovely! God bless!!

~Michelle